Navigation Bar

Top Navigation

You are Welcome!!!..

Headlines!

Click on open to see the fullscreen overlay navigation menu.

☰ open

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Privatisation of Power Sector, Best Way to Go

Although Nigerians are yet to feel the impact of the power privatisation, the  Managing Director, Energy and Utilities, Accenture Nigeria, Mrs. Abayomi Olarinmoye, insists it is in the right direction. He spoke with Ejiofor Alike
Assessment of PHCN assets privatisation
I think it was successful; I think it was a step in the right direction. We are going to move forward; we are going to see the rapid development of an industry, not just improvement in power but a multiplier effect in utility-related services and businesses across the country.


The NESI in the next 12 years
There is a lot of activities in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI) as the assets are handed over; as the assets are verified; as the state of the assets are ascertained; as the work that needs to be done is planned; as new facilities and infrastructures are put in place to provide better services to the utility customers; as technology is put in place to drive improved services and to improve the commercials for the business.
I see a lot of activities happening and I see all stakeholders getting actively involved. As a customer, there will be improved awareness about what is happening. As an investor, there will definitely be increased investment in the infrastructure to either deliver the power or to will the power or to get the power to the customers and to ensure that the customers are paying for the power that they are using. So, I see a lot of activities happening.
Expectations from government

No comments:

Post a Comment